Stroke Financial Help in Australia

Australian stroke survivor receiving help

How can I get stroke financial help?

Stroke financial help can make a huge difference when you’ve been forced to stop working. The physical changes and other symptoms related to your stroke make it tough to hold down a regular job. When you can’t work, things get tough fast. 

Disability Support Pensions and TPD insurance claims from your super policy are the two main types of stroke financial help.

Stroke Financial help from a Centrelink DSP

Disability Support Pensions from Centrelink help Australians who can’t work due to illness or injury. Unfortunately, about 70% of all claims are rejected and it can be tough to figure out what your application was missing. The government guidelines are heavy on legal jargon and it can be tough to figure out what to include to make an application successful without experience.

Stroke Financial help from a TPD insurance claim

Australians stroke survivors can also qualify for to claim Total and Permanent Disability insurance through their current or past super policies. It was legally required for superannuation policies in Australia but insurance companies can make it difficult to claim the benefits you are owed.

If you are unsure if you qualify for either or both, it’s worth having a free phone chat with a claim specialist.

Claiming insurance is an easy process with Super Claims Assist. In just four steps, we can start your claim. The best part is, we can help you wherever you are in Australia! Our team is on standby to schedule a phone call with you as soon as possible, so we can help you with your stroke claims process.

Suffering from strokes that impact your ability to work?

It is important to know about financial help for strokes through insurance claims. 

Having a stroke can stop you from working due to physical difficulties. These difficulties require treatment and medical appointments, resulting in time off work as well as being too unwell to do your job. It can also impact your quality of life which may require help for your mental health. This load can prevent you from working consistently and finding employment may be hard.

Can I claim TPD insurance if I get NDIS or Centrelink help?

Yes! If you’re currently getting help through a disability support pension (DSP), you can also get help through a TPD claim. Because the TPD insurance was part of the super policy you earned while working, it doesn’t affect your DSP eligibility at all. Claiming the lump sum TPD payout can help give you a financial cushion which can help you navigate your symptoms.

Has your NDIS Disability Support Pension claim been rejected?

Sometimes people with strokes get their claims rejected by Centrelink or the NDIS. If this has happened to you, make sure you talk with us today about your options through TPD insurance from your Superannuation Fund. TPD is Total and Permanent Disability insurance which can make a huge difference to your financial freedom when living with strokes. If you are currently receiving NDIS support, you might also be eligible for a lump sum payment from your super’s TPD insurance.

TPD insurance claims can be a long and confusing process, especially when you are already dealing with your health condition.

Don’t wait any longer, reach out to us today for a free phone chat about financial help for your stroke symptoms and how we can help you claim it.

Scroll to Top